Harmful Side Effects of Antibiotics

Comments

I can remember for years, everytime I would go or take my kids to the doctor for a sore throat, it was oh, it is strep throat. Antibiotics were given on a large scale. It was only until I got some more medical knowledge, strep cannot be diagnosed unless a throat culture is taken and non of these doctors did this. I have always wondered about this, yet no one until know has really confronted them on this. About time.

People also have to assume the responsibility to educate themselves and take proper probiotics (not "Activia", or any other grocery store slop) along with antibiotic treatment. Borrelia ( or "Lyme Disease") and coinfections often require the use long term antibiotics that are now denied by many $h!+ for brains "doctors" (who think nothing of prescribing psychotropics for 7 year olds). Antibiotics are a viable allopathic intervention that need to be accompanied by holistic intervention. I wish the American public would stop entertaining themselves and deferring all manners of personal care- including medical care- to government and "experts".

Doctors aint what they used to be, stay away from meds as much as possable, side affects are worse than the ailment.

Interesting how physicians will prescribe antibiotics for years to teens with acne, but when it comes to Lyme Disease, a life-threatening infection, the vast majority of docs flatly refuse and you could be left to die. I agree that antibiotics are over-prescribed/wrongly prescribed, but you're going to be very thankful to have them when your life's on the line.

Dam doctors think they have to ram every kind of antibiotic into us to get rid of a problem! Taking that Shyt all the time is making humans WEAK. Why do you the BLACK PLAGUE and LEGIONAIRRES disease are back on the map.

My eye doctor insists that I use 400 mcg. acyclovir 2X each day to keep my eye from getting shingles again. Is it safe to keep using this? It's not an antibiotic, but an anti-viral. I was told that I can never come off of it because the herpes zoster virus can lay dormant in my body and rise again. I do not have any side effects but I'm wondering if I ever need this drug for other stuff if my body can use it appropriately.

Besides “lazy doctors who are trying to kill a fly with an automatic weapon,” a good deal of the blame for antibiotic overuse should go to patients that "bully" their doc, demanding an antibiotic for a common cold.

More often than not "Lazy" doctors are kowtowing to demanding patients who go to the doctor for everything from a splinter to a cold. ANd demand antibiotics, cause they fix everything, right? Don't be so judgemental on doctors- my doctor is extremely strict about antibiotics and I appreciate it very much.

Why dont they address the overuse, and subsequent ingestion, of antibiotics through the food chain. i.e. milk and meat in the US?

This "study" leaves out some very important details: HOW MUCH CAUSES THESE SIDE EFFECTS? HOW OFTEN OR FOR HOW LONG MUST THESE ANTIBIOTICS BE TAKEN FOR THE SIDE EFFECTS TO BECOME A CONCERN? Love the way azithromycin is blamed for death by cardiac disease in people who already have it. This is a phony study with phony warnings. Yes, antibiotics should only be taken when absolutely necessary and doctors should not just give in to their patients' demand for them. But to spread the idea that even one dose can be deadly is even more dangerous.

Related Health News