Broken Heart Syndrome Is Very Real

Comments

About 14 years ago my older sister died of cancer. Her husband who was 100% disabled never showed any signs of depression or stress, yet, almost 18 months later he died of a massive heart attack. The death certificate if I'm not mistaken, listed the cause of death as a broken heart due to the earlier loss of his wife.

It's especially a problem when the her attorney gets to you.

My mom had this last year and ended up having a pace maker and cath procedure. Folks, its no joke, its real and it must be taken seriously. Don't ignore the symptoms, go right to the ER and be seen and treated.

yes I have had that pain.. the night my husband died suddenly at the age of 43 I woke up with a pain so bad I thought I was having a heart attack I told this to my doctor and he said yes my heart was breaking from the loss because my daughter was beside me that night I willed myself to live. it has been 19 yrs. and I still remember that pain

In the foster home where I was raised we had a little girl (Louise) given to us at the age of 9 months. She stayed with us until she was 5 years old. She loved my foster sister Mary Ann very much. They spent a lot of time together. Then her mother came back and claimed her -- two weeks later, she died of a broken heart because she wanted to see her Mryin (Mary Ann) and her mother wouldn't bring her for a visit.

True. An old man in the next neighborhood had a heart attack and died. On the way to the hospital in the ambulance with his body, his wife had a heart attacked and died, too.