Six-Pack Abs in 12 Weeks

Comments

He doesn't look in that bad of shape in the 1st photo and you can see internal obliques are already there.

This is nothing new, folks, but more marketing packaged by Mens Health. Save yourself the $ and get this info elsewhere rather than buying this book

Brilliant... to review a book that is out of print in the US.....

I hate to say it: but those picks scream FAKE. The first pic compared to the last..just screams it. The lightning in the first seems to make him look a lot heavier than he is: and he is not that heavy to begin with. Meh..don't know why i look at these articles, they are all about the 1% of men born..the rest of us have to deal with real life. Besides, wait until he hits 35..LOL...

He wasn't seeing progress before because his diet was crap. You can't out exercise a bad diet. The muscle gains sound sketchy, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was fit for a while then slacked off for the before pic.

say misleading yourself because the book doesn't claim it is anything revolutionary. It claims to be the workout used by Joe Warner for his 12 week transformation. And that is what it is. It never claims, as far as I have seen, to be new, revolutionary or superior. I wanted to get that out of the way as many people seem to cling on to these 12 week transformations as if buying the book will somehow be the magic fast track way to the body they want without the hard work or diet adherence. Firstly the transformation. I don't want to take anything away from Warner or Mitchell - truth be told the result is very impressive. But those new to the training world should note - Joe Warner was not in quite as bad shape as the first picture illustrates in my opinion. The before photo is slouched, pale and unkempt. And the after photo is well groomed, pumped, well positioned, optimally lit and tanned. Is there anything wrong with this? No. In fact they openly admit to doing so in the book, detailing how you too can optimise your body for a photoshoot. Is it misleading to newbies...it could be argued yes if they have not followed the books build up. In my opinion this isn't an issue however it was just something worth noting for those who haven't followed the build up to the book. This doesn't take away from the results, they are very impressive. Even when taking the week 4 photo as the before photo (which I believe would be a more realistic illustration of the start point, although Warner will have improved by this point) the difference between this and week 12 is nothing short of spectacular. However in this world of quick fixes the book may have gone unnoticed if the before and after pictures hadn't looked so extreme and this would have been a shame as it really is a worthwhile read. So I understand why they did this and to be honest see no real harm in it - I would do the same. It grabs attention and as noted they were honest about it. At the end of the day the end result doesn't lie, Joe looks in amazing shape. More muscular and very lean.

I absolutely hate when people say, "If I can do it, you can do it." That is so arrogant and self-serving. Everyone is different and we all have different capabilities. What works for one person may not work for another. My cousin lost weight and got in shape with P90X. She said the same thing. So I tried it. Guess what? It didn't work for me, so I tried something else: Optifast. That plan more than worked for me, but my cousin insisted it didn't work for me. Well, that's because it didn't work for her and she feels if something doesn't work for her, then in doesn't work for anyone. I just wish people would stop with the assumption that everyone has the same capabilities. It's not very encouraging nor is it motivating to others.

i should have known they were trying to sell soemthing! i just read it all with no tips - only things that i know. wrk out and dont eat junk.. ahemm. thanks. and FYI you looked better at week 4 and 8

im a week 4 kinda girl ;)