4 Ways Your Smartphone Is Hurting Your Health

Comments

dont make your phone strain? omg your kidding right, yeah its emitting more signal and straining to get signals. wtf it either has good service or it doesnt, it does not strain. if your going to write an article make it factual not science fiction please

Paging Mr. Obvious, Mr. Obvious come to the front desk. These things are the exact reason my iPhone stays off most of the time. It's good for the occasional youtube video and important email. Otherwise, nope. I have a land line with a 1970 rotary dial phone hooked up. I use it more than anything else. People can actually hear my voice and I don't drop calls. Technology does nothing but take your life from you. Stop it!

Humans are an obsessive species for the most part, and many people channel their additive tenancies into mobile gimmick devices like smartphones, etc. I personally have no use for a tiny, hand-held computers - just a basic cell phone for emergencies and such. While I am out and about, the last thing on my mind is internet garbage. I can do that at home, with a comfortable, custom-built desktop system.

Wait for 4 bars?!?!?... don't think 4 bar exist in most area...guess I should wait till I get home and use the old land line

I took the dogs to the beach for a run, recently... I was most of the way there, when I realized I did not have my cell with me. I had a strong urge to go home and get it... You know, I might get hurt on the beach, and need to call for help. But GAS is so expensive... And I thought... "I have spent the majority of my life, without a cell phone. What on earth makes it so necessary to have it on me all the time?" Answer: NOTHING! No one needs to speak to me, and I don't NEED to speak to them. I don't post to FB or twit, my every move and thought. No E is THAT important, it can't wait until I get home.

Richie T is like drunk drivers. They all think they're driving safely. That is to themselves. If you're behind them or beside them, it's a totally different situation. I've seen plenty of drivers driving like Richie T and not, they don't always stay in their lanes and they have a slower reaction to stopping time.

Richie T, you are kidding yourself.

I agree that our incessant use of cell phones is a huge distraction from the people and the world around us, as well as a cause of stress. We'd be better off thinking of ways to minimize our use of electronic devices in order to spend more time talking to each other, listening to each other and enjoying the world around us. To think more about the effects of technology on our lives and our world, take a look at my blog, non tech, at www.nontechblog.com.

I saw a comment an idiot posted regarding texting while driving, I'm a safe driver when I text, I hold the phone at the top of the steering wheel, that way I don't get distracted. As far as turning it off The manual for my Blackberry, is over 300 pages, you just need to find out how

They can also cause a traumatic ingestion of a guardrail, truck bumper or a telephone pole.